Why a Family Dentist Is Important?
posted: Nov. 10, 2015.
The family vacation--it's one destination for mom, dad and kids. The same idea applies to the family dentist. This skilled health care professional provides dental services for the entire family--from tots to teens to adults in their senior years.
Todd L. Vaccaro DDS and Kent B. Molino DDS know how important family dentistry is. That's why they have dedicated their Niskayuna, NY practice to the delivery of precise preventive, restorative and cosmetic dental services in a friendly, patient-centered atmosphere.
Prevention is Foundational
Nothing treats a smile better than preventive dental care. Dr. Vaccaro and Molino stress semi-annual dental exams and professional cleanings to keep teeth and gums healthy and smiling--no matter what the age.
During a check-up with one of these Niskayuna, NY family dentists, patients receive the finest in diagnostics and treatment plans. Dr. Vaccaro or Dr. Molino starts each exam by updating the patient's medical history, including surgeries and medications because family dentists understand that oral health and overall health affect each other. The dentist then:
- looks for signs of decay and gum disease (periodontal probing)
- observes how teeth bite together and how jaws align
- assesses the soft tissues for signs of oral cancer
- checks how well current dental work is doing (fillings, bridges, implants, bonding, crowns)
- formulates a treatment plan
- uses x-rays if necessary to look for hidden decay and to visualize roots and bone structure
A treatment plan may be as simple as continuing routine exams and cleanings or could include restorative work when needed and cosmetic work as the patient desires.
Plus, a skilled dental hygienist scales the teeth and polishes them, too. This gentle process removes bacteria-filled sticky plaque and hard tartar from gums and between teeth, preventing decay, gum disease and adverse effects on systemic health. Patients young to old benefit from the instruction hygienists give about brushing, flossing and a healthy diet.
While dental needs vary from family to family and from person to person in that family, trust Vaccaro Family Dentistry for care that meets each patient's individual needs. Comprehensive services include:
- fluoride treatments and plastic sealants to protect enamel
- Invisalign clear aligners for mild to moderate orthodontic correction
- tooth replacement with bridges, dentures and modern dental implants
- tooth extractions
- root canal and periodontal therapies
- teeth whitening
- porcelain veneers
- emergency dentistry
- Under Armour mouth guards
Your Niskayuna, NY family dentist is available for questions and for emergencies such as tooth fracture or intense toothache. The Vaccaro Family Dentistry team values patient comfort and well-being. Don't hesitate to contact the office if you have a question or concern about your family's oral health.
Schedule an Appointment
Is it time for family dental appointments? Contact the office at (518) 377-3628 to pick a convenient time. You'll experience family dentistry at its best with Drs. Molino and Vaccaro!