The 5 Advantages of Dental Implants
posted: Nov. 20, 2020.
Have you been wondering if dental implants are the ideal solution to fill the gaps in your smile? When you choose this ingenious restoration option offered by your Niskayuna, NY, dentists. Drs. Kent Molino and Todd Vaccaro, you'll soon forget that you ever lost any of your teeth.
5 advantages of dental implants
Implants offer many benefits, including:
- Natural Feel and Function: Your new teeth include replacement tooth roots that function just like your natural roots. Tiny titanium posts bond to your jawbone, providing a stable, secure foundation for your dental crowns. Dental crowns restore the visible parts of teeth and are used to bite and chew food. Thanks to your strong roots, you'll be able to eat anything you want and won't experience a loss of biting power. Best of all, many people in the Niskayuna area report that dental implants feel just like real teeth.
- More Confidence: Unlike other cosmetic issues, there's no way to hide a missing tooth. As a result, you may soon find yourself feeling less confident whether you're out with friends or participating in work-related conversations. Implants enhance your appearance and increase your confidence. Because your crowns are made from an impression of your mouth, your new teeth will match the shape and color of the surrounding teeth.
- No Tooth Alignment Issues: Your teeth help support each other and may begin to drift if there is a gap in your smile. Replacing lost teeth with dental implants prevents teeth from shifting and overlapping. Keeping your teeth straight also offers oral health benefits. If your teeth overlap and become crowded, it's much harder to remove cavity-causing plaque.
- A Stronger Jawbone: Loss of stimulation from tooth roots can lead to jawbone resorption. The condition occurs when the bone weakens and shrinks. In some cases, the bone may be unable to support your remaining teeth or the muscles in the lower part of your face. Eventually, tooth loss and facial sagging can occur.
- More Than One Option: No matter how many teeth you've lost, you can benefit from dental implants. Single implants replace one missing tooth, while multiple implants support implant-supported bridges and dentures. If you've lost all of your teeth, you'll only need a few implants to support one denture. In fact, implant-supported dentures can be connected to just four implants in some cases.
Do dental implants sound like a good restoration option for you? Call your dentists in Niskayuna, NY, Drs. Kent Molino and Todd Vaccaro, at (518) 377-3628 to schedule your appointment.